Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Featured Artist- Sun Basil Garden

Lauren at Sun Basil Garden creates some of the brightest and funnest soaps I have seen on Etsy. No plain bars here, each one is like a mini work of art. With special designs for men, women, and children, it is easy to find something for everyone!

1.Tell us a little about your craft, what is it and how did you get started in it?

I make what I call Soap Arts. All natural, high quality soap that are great for your skin and bring a smile to your face with unique colors, scents and soap inlays. I live in a house of 3 boys and dirt is almost our last name. I started making soap as a creative and fun way to keep my boys clean.

2.What inspires you or helps you create?

I normally get an idea late at night and write it in my soap journal. I love the many possibilities that soap as a creative medium offers. And love the challenge of coming up with new designs.

3.What do you love most about being a crafter/artist?

The time I get for myself. It gives me time away from being a wife and mother and puts me back on the map! Cookies and Milk Soap

4.What one thing would you tell a new designer that you wish you had known when you first started?

Still new at this. My Etsy advice is just list and list and list often.

5.Where do you see yourself in five years?

With my sweet husband and boys - wherever the road takes us.

1 comment:

Sunbasilgarden said...

Thanks so much for featuring my shop on your awesome blog!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online