Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Featured Artist- TagsandButtons


Danelle from TagsandButtons and DAMdesigns is one of my favorite Etsyians. She has done custom work for me in the past (in fact, she is working on a project right now!) and she is always a pleasure to do business with. Not only does she do an excellent job quickly, she really goes out of her way to make sure you get exactly what you want.

1.Tell us a little about your craft, what is it and how did you get started in it?

Well I have 2 shops. One is art, and one is promo items and paper goods. I started my art shop almost a year ago, and my promo shop a couple months ago. I have always been artistic and crafty, so when I randomly found Etsy I thought I should try and sell some of my art, so thats how I ended up here.

2.What inspires you or helps you create?

I get inspired through my own mind. If I'm sitting in a slump and feeling tired and like maybe it is just to much work, I think "Danelle, you can do anything you want to do, and you can be successful at this. Think about all the people telling you your going to fail and prove them wrong." Every time I think this I get a boost of energy and I usually make several things, or finish an entire custom order super fast.

3.What do you love most about being a crafter/artist?

Well I just love doing it. Without trying to sell anything I would still craft. I have always had something that I would be making through a phase of time. There has never been a time when I have not been at the very least making some kind of art projects, even if it was for school. I also love right now because this is my only job currently (Although I do need a part time job ha ha) so it is nice being able to be my own boss, and I would love for this to take off and be able to make enough money to have fun and support my crafting addiction, or more. :)Original art print gift tags from DAMdesigns

4.What one thing would you tell a new designer that you wish you had known when you first started?

Not to be worried if you don't have sale right away. You are swimming in an online sea of thousands of stores, and it take a lot to catch on and be seen.
5.Where do you see yourself in five years?

Well, I hope to have a BA in accounting. With that I hope to have a part time accounting job, and have a successful art and craft business. I hope with the money from both these jobs, I can support myself, and have a good chunk to contribute if I ever get married lol!

1 comment:

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

Aw it looks so awsome! Thansk so much! =D

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online