Saturday, May 24, 2008

My new workspace

Here are the promised pictures from yesterday. Mr. Kioko did a wonderful job! This is a view gong into the office. It is this itsy bitsy room with no closets and one tiny window.

Here is the window! He gave it to me :) My sewing machine, obviously . I have a pair of thread snips attached to the table, an idea I got from the sewing tips thread on Etsy.
The other half of my work table with computer and postage scale. The table is extra long, though not very wide. He made it by placing two left over wood planks from when we made our garden beds on top of my plastic drawers. I then covered it with a dollar store vinyl shower curtain. The blue tub sitting on the floor has completed items in it. It is numbered and I keep a list with what is in it in my file. Once full it will be moved into our garage and another will take it's place. It works well and everything is already packed for a craft fair.



Storage shelves. The bottom shelf is all Mr. Kioko's stuff. The middle shelf has a cardboard box full of his stuff and a gray tote that has my works in progress in it. Next to the cardboard box is an accordion file with all my patterns in it. The next shelf up has three totes full of my son's card making stuff and my craft books and notebooks. Top has printer paper, Mr. Kioko's concertina, son's funky paper scissors, and Mr. Kioko's lap harp.


Mr. Kioko's workspace. This room is tiny but it will work for now. Much better than the kitchen table! There is no room for all my fabric so that is still on the shelves in our storage room/pantry. (We have this giant closet off the kitchen.) I will also still have to cut fabric on the kitchen table, but since I only have one or two cutting days a week that's not so bad. Now I just need to find a chair so I can take this lawn chair back to the patio ;)

1 comment:

Mandi said...

What a great husband you have :-) I think he's a keeper ;-)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online