Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Featured Artist- Jashme


Jen Ashman of Jashme sells whimsical, beautiful original paintings. She is also a freelance muralist. You can see more of her work on her blog.
1.Tell us a little about your craft, what is it and how did you get started in it?

I've always painted, ever since I was a child. Two years ago I received my bachelor's degree in painting and art history from the Savannah College of Art and Design. I prefer oil paints, but lately I've been experimenting with watercolors and ink.

2.What inspires you or helps you create?

Painting makes me happy. Coffee keeps me motivated. My cat is a constant source of beauty and inspiration.

3.What do you love most about being a crafter?

What I love most about creating art is knowing what I've done could not have been done by anyone else. It is unique and my gift to anyone who will take the time to look.

4.What one thing would you tell a new designer that you wish you had known when you first started?

This is an easy one. I'd say, "Not everything you paint needs to be a masterpiece. Just paint!" I think the hardest thing for me to get over was accepting that not everything I create will be as beautiful as I intend. Some times you have to get through twenty bad paintings before you get a good one. Keep at it.

5.Where do you see yourself in five years?

Hopefully, my art will be in galleries. I also am trying to jump start my career as a designer and illustrator. I'd love to succeed as both a fine artist and a commercial designer. I try to keep the two seperate.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online